Saturday, May 28, 2016

How to Enroll

To register in a Montgomery Public School, parents or legal guardians must provide the following:


1.A valid Alabama Immunization Certificate (any exception should be noted on paperwork from the Health Department).

2.A valid Birth Certificate (original for Kindergarten).

3.A recent (current or previous month) electric or gas bill inside Montgomery County or City or a valid lease agreement from an official agency, or a lease or rental agreement completed and signed by a property owner will be accepted ONLY if utilities are included (stated) within the rental/lease agreement.

4.A valid custody agreement for persons enrolling a student who is not their biological child as indicated by the birth certificate.

5.A government or state agency document can be used to verify legal residence if parent/guardian does not have utility and/or lease in their name (i.e. social security administration, local government agency).

6.A valid driver’s license or picture ID from parent/guardian.

To enter Kindergarten a child must be 5 years-old on or before September 2.

To enter First Grade a child must be 6 years-old on or before September 2.

Students are assigned to schools based on their home address. Parents should register their child at their zoned school. To enter your address to see what school your child should attend click here. Any questions about registration should be directed to the MPS Student Support Services office by calling 334.223.6850.