• How to Enroll


    Documents Required for School Admission

    Any student entering the Montgomery Public School System, regardless of grade level, shall be required to submit the following:


    1. Parent/Guardian Photo ID ─ Valid Alabama drivers or non-driver’s license, or Military ID


    1. Student’s birth certificate -- Proof of age and verification of legal guardianship -- if different from birth certificate


    1. A current State of Alabama Certificate of Immunization


    Mandatory Immunization Law -- Each child enrolled in day care, Head Start, and public or private school in Alabama must have a valid Alabama Certificate of Immunization on file at the facility that they attend. The certificate may be obtained from the physician or clinic that administers the vaccine or may be completed by any county health department in the state if the parent presents a vaccine record from the provider. For students who are moving to Alabama, out of state vaccine records must be transferred to the Alabama Certificate of Immunization prior to enrollment in day care, Head Start, or school entry. This may be accomplished by taking a vaccine record from the provider to the local county health department, or if a physician in Alabama has been chosen by the family, the record may be transposed by the physician.


    The State of Alabama does not recognize philosophical, moral or ethical exemption from vaccination. A medical exemption may be used by a physician or an Alabama Certificate of Religious Exemption may be obtained from the local county health department. Attendees of day care and Head Start must be age-appropriately vaccinated against Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Haemophilus Influenza Type B, Polio, and Chickenpox.


    1. Two proofs of residence – At least one primary proof of residence is required annually at registration and may be requested throughout the school year. All documents submitted as proof of residence must contain the parent or legal guardian’s physical address in order for the school to verify that the residence is in zone. (No Post Office Box address will be accepted). Required: TWO documents that reflect a student’s physical residence. Must submit at least one primary proof.

    Primary Proofs of Residence:


    1. Utility Bills or Deposit Receipts for electric, gas or water service only. Must be current within 30 days. No disconnect notices allowed.
    2. Apartment or Home Lease/Mortgage:

    Apartment or home lease -- Official document; only to be used if all utilities are included.

    Monthly mortgage statement -- Must be current within 30 days.


    Secondary Proofs of Residence:


    1. Property Tax Records or Deeds -- Tax Receipt, Property Deed (Please black out any personal financial information)
    2. Income Tax Records -- Correspondence from the IRS
    3. Correspondence from Social Security Office
    4. Correspondence from other U.S. government agencies (Department of Human Resources, Food Stamp Office)
    5. Employment Records -- Paycheck stub issued from employer showing physical address of employee within the last 30 days