Specialized course work is designed to prepare the college bound student for a professional career in medicine, medical research, or other varied healthcare careers. Students experience real-life hands-on experiences in local hospitals, medical institutions, and explore a wide variety of healthcare occupations. The challenging curriculum is similar to college required work, which includes developing multimedia projects and creating digital portfolios on numerous topics including anatomy, physiology, skills validations , medical terminology ,and clinical experiences.
Students must complete the following required courses: ( Medical Pathway)
- Foundations of Health Science
- Emergency Services
- Medical Terminology ( 1 semester)
- Therapeutic Services ( 1 semester)
- Health Science Internship
- *** 12th graders will either be in the Health Science Internship or Senior Career Pathway***
**Anatomy and Physiology are strongly encouraged for all Medical Academy students.
Awards, clubs and professional affiliations:
- HOSA State Winners
- NHA certification ( Certified Patient Care Technician)
- CPR certification for all students
- BIC Certification
- National Technical Honor Society (NTHS)
- Health Occupations Students of America(HOSA)