The mission of the behavioral services department is to provide support and assistance for students with behavioral challenges so that out of classroom placement and classroom disruptions are minimized, academic progress and social skill development are fostered, and appropriate behavior is generalized across all relevant environments.
- Individual and small group counseling
- Social skills groups
- Anger management groups
- Bullying prevention
- Functional behavior assessment
- Behavior intervention plans
- Classroom management training for teachers
- After-school individual and small group counseling
- After-school parenting course
Students may be eligible for services if they:
- Are in an immediate crisis situation;
- Have an established pattern of inappropriate behavior at school;
- Have behaviors that have not responded to school-based supports; or
- Are at-risk for alternative school placement.